India International Trade fair-2018
THEME: Rural Enterprise:-
- The 38th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2018 was inaugurated by the ministry of state for Commerce & Industry C.R. Chaudhary at Pragati Maidan n New Delhi.
- The flagship event of India trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) will continue from 14th to 27th November 2018.
Key finds of Trade fair:-
- The services sector has assumed significance as India is now moving from Primary product exporting country to the secondary and service sector.
- Along with increase in production there is also the need to maintain quality of products.
- As the theme was “Rural Enterprise” 40% of manufacturers are from the MSME’s sect in rural areas of the country and they need to be taken care of.
- The India International Trade fair organized by ITPO (Indian Trade Promotion Organisation)
- India International Trade fair offers an opportunity to showcase Indian tradition, culture and enterprising activities under a single Umbrella.
- The IITF assumed special significance as it marked the beginning of the 150the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- It is an to realize the vision of the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi “Sab ka Sath, Sab ka Vikas”.
- The theme pavilion of the fair has been set up by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- The fair also showcase various initiatives of the Government of India like- Startup India, Make In India, Skill India and Swachh Bharat.
- The partners country was the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the focus country is the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal.
- The Focus state:- Jharkhand.
- Around 800 participants from states, Government departments, domestic and International companies are taking part with considerable participation of rural artisans, craftsman and SME craftsmen and SME entrepreneurs.
- The Fair has registered foreign participation from Afghanistan, China, Hong Kong, Kyrgyzstan, Iran, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Tunisia, Vietnam and UAE.